POSITION: Accounting Specialist
SUMMARY: Columbus First Bank is seeking a full-time Accounting Specialist to assist with daily accounting functions. This position performs a variety of financial accounting tasks to assist in the daily operations of the bank. There is opportunity for growth with this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Review accounting reports on a daily basis. Research and resolve concerns.
- Maintain Fed Fund statements, make necessary entries, and record/recalculate for bank records.
- Prepare Bank Account reconcilements and GL Account reconcilements on a daily/monthly basis.
- Make appropriate entries for incoming wires and verify/authorize outgoing wires as needed in a timely manner. Maintain accurate files of all wires.
- Upload wires into monitoring software on a daily basis.
- Maintain loan rates on Laser Pro and BancRate ensuring they are updated on a weekly basis.
- Perform duties for Participation Payments and SBA Payments made and received, including making entries, verifying payments are accurate, and wiring funds in a timely manner.
- Book/review loan set up on core system.
- Review and maintain loan payment documentation for liquidity purposes and work with Accounting Team to maintain liquidity support.
- Maintain a record of all incoming check adjustments.
- Perform accounts payable functions to include verifying and paying invoices in a timely manner and maintaining accurate paid files.
- Track and maintain records for Use Tax and remit on a quarterly basis.
- Perform appropriate correspondence with vendors and others as needed on phone or computer.
- Print Accounting Notices and follow through as necessary.
- Scan and maintain records for the accounting department in accordance with record retention compliance. Perform a review of scanned deposit operations documents.
SKILLS needed to fulfill job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Very proactive with a high level of initiative to follow-up as needed
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Dependability and reliability
- Computer literacy
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience. Prior accounting experience helpful.
The pay range is $15.85 – $20.70/hour ($33,000 – $43,000/year) depending on experience. Full benefits package includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability, vacation, and 401(k) with company match.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. No phone calls please, no agencies.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected], or fax to 614-310-7288, or U.S. mail to:
Columbus First Bank
attn: Human Resources
6877 N. High Street
Worthington, OH 43085